Compared to pastor appreciation poems, quotes are brief and profound and will highlight a appreciation card/letter or your Pastor Appreciation Day gifts. A great way to say “Thank You Pastor” is through gifts based on inspirational sayings and motivational quotes.
Here are some appropriate quotes that may be useful for you when looking for a quote or short poem for the card or your church bulletin to show your love and appreciation to your pastor on Pastor Appreciation Day 2012.
- When all the strings of my life will be tuned, my Master, then at every touch of thine will come out the music of love.
- Let me feel this world as thy love taking form, then my love will help it.
- Your sunshine smiles upon the winter days of my heart, never doubting of its spring flowers.
- When I stand before thee at the days end thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.
- Thou hast led me through my crowed travels of the day to my evening’s loneliness. I wait for its meaning through the stillness of the night.
- The service of the pastor is selfless, the service of the priest is precious, the services of clergy is sweet.
- Pastor, in your spirit you have the music of the fountain of life.
What a great way to us to say “Pastor, Thank You, We Appreciate You.” Churches have a reputation for kindness, and kindness is a language we all understand. Even the blind can see it and the deaf can hear it. Let’s appreciate their kindness:
- The life of our minister richer by the love that has been lost.
- My priest, your great heart shone with the sunrise of the East, like the snowy summit of a lonely hill in the dawn.
- Your voice, my pastor, wanders in my heart, like the muffled sound of the sea among these listening pines.
- You like the cloud who stand humbly in a corner of the sky, the morning crowned it with splendour.
- You carry in our world that flourishes the worlds that have failed.
- You are the boots below the earth claim no rewards for making the branches fruitful.
- Father, with grace of your palm you touched my things and order came out like music.
Do you know the songs – I Give Myself Away- by William McDowell? The song captures the essence of a devoted heart to Christ. When he says “My life is not my own, to you I belong, I give myself, I give myself to you,” it shows what it really means to be a believer just like member of our clergy.
- You whispered, make you thy cup and let your fullness be for thee and for thine.
- Pastor is the moon who has her light all over the sky, her dark sports to herself.
- Find your beauty, from the world’s movement, like the boat that has the grace of the wind and the water.
- Your heart, with its lapping waves of song, caress this green world of the sunny day.
- Pastor is the man who let the dead have the immortality of fame, but the living the immortality of love.
- Lead me in the centre of thy silence to fill my heart with songs.
- Let this be my last word, that I trust your love.